Mining skills in demand for 2018
January 18th, 2018
If you’re a HD Fitter, Dump Truck Operator or Underground Engineer you’re in luck. These are just three of the Resources & Mining skills that will be in high demand in 2018, according to the latest Hays Jobs Report, covering January to June 2018.
- Project Managers, Site Managers and Contract Administrators for construction projects;
- Project Lead Architects with exposure to all stages of a project;
- Facilities Managers/Facilities Coordinators since new and aging buildings require planned and reactive maintenance;
- Civil Design Engineers in the residential land development and subdivision market;
- Schedulers/Planners in the energy sector, particularly Primavera P6 specialists with large-scale project experience;
- Fleet Controllers with wharf experience, especially for night shifts;
- Project Engineers in the oil & gas sector as construction and upgrade projects commence in response to the demand for more gas;
- Mechanical Fitters in certain locations in response to expansions in the resources & mining industry;
- Civil Operators for a large number of civil projects.
In the main mining states of Western Australia and Queensland, mining jobs are in demand. In the former, HD fitters, dump truck operators, underground engineers, maintenance planners and exploration geologists are particularly sought.
In Queensland, machine operators (Draglines, excavators and underground), boilermakers and electricians, mechanical fitters, diesel fitters and CNC machinists will be among the most wanted.
Mechanical fitters, boilermakers, electricians and machinists will also be in demand in New South Wales as well.
In Victoria, where the mining industry has less presence, welders, pipe fitters and quarry operators are listed as among the most sought after positions for the upcoming year. Read more...